Saturday, February 12, 2005

Inspiration


My ears are usually always ringing from the night before.
I keep an open pack of clove cigs in my bedroom. It smells like punk rock clubs and the gang of Goth chicks that have followed me around from my youth.
Last night we decided to go see a psychobilly band at the newest hipster bar the Doug Fir and there was definitely Good Comedy for those willing to pay attention. The decor was great, the place is very Lynch, sound was out of sight, staff was a bit brash and the scenester quotient was disgusting - the reason I had never gone in the first place - so thusly goes the narrative.

It's a non-smoking bar. Stupid, yes - especially for a greasy 'billy crowd, but nevertheless, half way through the Shack Shaker's set, as they were pummeling along, I get this:

Her - (Rocker, hipster Portland hottie with a white belt): (leaning over to me) Do you have a light?

Me: (Trying to lean over to talk in her ear, as one must do at a blisteringly loud rock show) 'Honey, I don't think we're allowed to ...'

Her - Pulls away, like I was trying to mack on her.

Me - Realizing this, I try to reach out to her, and tell her, 'No, I was trying to explain we can't smoke in here.'

Her - Runs away even faster, thinking I'm trying to grab her ass now.

Me - Feeling retarded -What the Hell must that have looked like?

Note to self - Next time, just light her damn cigarette.

Postscript - I finally found the chick and went up to her to explain, 'Look baby, I wasn't trying to MAKE OUT WITH you, I just wanted to say they don't allow smoking in here. HaHa.' She was cool.

We're gonna wake up and Live Dammit!!!!

No comments: